OPEN ACCESS POLICY
New Materials, Compounds and Applications provides full open access to its content to make research freely available and contribute to the global and unlimited exchange of knowledge. As the papers are published under Creative Commons CC BY license and the use copyright is regulated by the terms of this statement. Open Access basis allows authors to retain the copyright to the article and have their papers published with immediate and unrestricted access. It means immediate deposit of the published paper in other repositories without restriction on re-use.
The journal New Materials, Compounds and Applications works following the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) standards on publications ethics.
We strongly condemn fabrication, falsification or selective reporting of data with the intent to mislead or deceive. We consider this as the theft of data or research results from other authors. The results of research should be recorded clearly and should allow to analysis and review.
All persons made a significant contribution should be recorded as authors. The persons contributed to the work should be acknowledged. We encourage the authors to insert full list of the current institutional affiliations.
We strongly recommend the authors, referees and editors to declare any conflicting or competing interests relating to a given article. Competing interests through their potential influence on the publication decision on the given paper that can lead to the wrong value of publication.
Any kind of plagiarism as well as reproducing text from other papers without properly crediting the source or producing many papers with almost the same content by the same authors is strongly not acceptable for New Materials, Compounds and Applications . Authors may present results obtained only by themselves. Authors should cite the publications that have been used in obtaining the results presented in the paper.
Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals is not acceptable. Such papers will be immediately removed from the list of the papers under evaluation.
Corrections and retractions
Submitting their paper the authors undertake an obligation to provide prompt retractions or correction of errors in published works. The reviewers’ remarks should be clearly answered and inserted in the paper if acceptable. The authors should submit the final version of the paper prepared in the journal format and style.
Any cases of ethical misconduct are treated very seriously and will be dealt with using the guidelines issued by the COPE. For further details please visit:
Code of Conduct for Journal Editors
Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers
PEER REVIEW POLICY
Aiming to publish only high-quality papers, we evaluate them through strong peer review process that mainly considers:
- The manuscript should not be submitted to the different journals at the same time.
- Manuscripts should be in the scope of the journal.
- The manuscripts are reviewed by 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- In some cases Editors can invite additional reviews.
- Editors-in-Chief makes main decision on the manuscript basing on the referees' reports. The Authors are notified promptly about the decision made.
- The submitted manuscripts are considered as confidential documents. We inform all our editors and reviewers that they should treat manuscripts as a confidential documents.
- We inform our Editors and Reviewers that they should declare if they have any conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors. In the cases above they are removed from the process of evaluation.
- The review process is confidential and we do not disclose the names of the persons involving this process.
The journal New Materials, Compounds and Applications strongly condemns all kinds of plagiarism and all submitted manuscripts are checked using proper software subject to copying text or results from other sources, self-plagiarism etc.
Upon acceptance of an article, Authors receive the copyright that will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information. As the papers are published under the Creative Commons CC BY, the terms and conditions of the copyright are regulated by the terms of this statement that partially means that:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of the first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. This allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.